Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Masamune Shirow

My brother got me 3/4 of the Intron Depot art books for my bday. They've been out of print for a while, but I knew he'd have no problem tracking them down online. Looking through them reminded me how much I admired Masamune Shirow's artwork back when I was in school. It seems so foreign to me that a lot of it was done before a lot of digital processes I am accustomed to were readily available.







Shirow is probably best known for his Ghost in the Shell story.



I finally had the chance to watch the Gorillaz Stylo video (follow the link to the video, embedding is disabled). It debuted on YouTube earlier this week. I'd say that it's quirky, but what else would one expect?



I do love the muscle cars in there.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails