Thursday, June 5, 2008

Control

Last night I saw Control at the Enzian. It was the story of the rise and fall of Ian Curtis, the lead singer of Joy Division. The film was great. But I am probably biased. I was excited that it was directed Anton Corbijn (who has directed more great videos than I can name). The movie was a good portrayal of the events that led to Ian Curtis' suicide. He was married at an extremely young age. I hadn't realized that the movie covered only a span of less than ten years. It was interesting that even when he got what he desired, he still could not be happy. He had a wife and daughter, but longed for another woman. Joy Division became increasingly popular, and he couldn't handle it. That part of human nature scares me.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails