Sunday, February 3, 2008

Yesterday


Having only shot a rifle only once before, I was a little nervous about going to the gun range yesterday. My friend from work asked if I wanted to go, and I thought it would be an interesting way to spend an afternoon. Plus, I was really anxious to see the P-90 tactical assault rifle. I've seen it in video games and movies before. I've always thought the design was really radical compared to other rifles. Finally, I was up to shoot. The gun was calibrated and my nerves were on edge. The people on the lane next to us were shooting an AR-15 which was really fucking loud. So I was anticipating the P-90 to be the same. The first time I shot, I shot a WInchester 300 Magnum. I was ready for the recoil, and mangaed to catch the back of the scope on my brow. The P-90 had really low recoil and was really quiet comparatively. I shot three rounds and brought the target back in. My grouping was really tight. My friend asked if I had shot 3 rounds, because there were only two holes. Then he noticed that two of the hols were stacked, and that 2 rounds nearly passed through the same hole. It ended up being a lot of fun. I would defininetly consider going again. Afterwards I got to hang out at my friends house. I also got to play Portal which I have been looking forward to for a while. I really like playing puzzle games. Portal challenges you to think about spatial relationships in entirely different ways.

Portal

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails